Sunday, January 09, 2011

New Years Eve

For the second New Years Eve in a row, my Seminoles have led me to another city to ring in the New Year. This year was Atlanta, where they were participating in the Chick-Fil-A bowl against the University of South Carolina Gamecocks.


I'd never been to the Chick-Fil-A bowl, and between the parade, Fan Fest and game, I had a blast! The showdown ended with an FSU win right after 11 p.m. This gave me and my friends enough time to make it to our optimal viewing spot for the Peach Drop.


It was pretty cool. It reminded me of the New Years Eve I spent in Berlin, because both then and with this, I was able to enjoy the cities festivities from an apartment overlooking the city.

That got me thinking about different New Years Eve's I've celebrated over the years. Besides the two I just mentioned, I've also rung in the New Year at a friend's apartment with a handful of us, downtown with (what seemed like) everyone in the city, and 3 hours later than the rest of my family and friends. (In 2000, actually, when I was in California.)

What have been your most memorable New Years?

No comments:

Post a Comment